Saturday, August 04, 2012

Back to Nosara- July 2012

Nosara 2012 We had our fourth of July party but it rained—torrential rainy season rain…thunder and lightning and trembling Freida hiding under the bed. We had at least 30 people and in between the storm eruptions, we talked to everyone and it was a fun party. Joe put together a play list and got to practice being a DJ which he used to do in college. We were unable to set off two boxes of fireworks so we had another party for our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 28th. Since we had prepared for the first party, this one was easy. Dr. Alejandro set off the fireworks, we had a good showing of friends, seven beers on tap, and no rain. And now we know where to buy fireworks!! It took me about two weeks to be fully back in Nosara…to be fully present to the nature and the tranquility..before that, I was still unwinding. My luxurious Nosara routine includes getting up at six, doing errands early before the mid-day heat, swimming at noon to keep the lethargy that comes with the heat at bay. yoga, riding the quad, reading, and going down to La Luna to look at the waves. Gunter moved out. I had asked Joe to talk to him about leaving for one week so I could have the place to ourselves and he decided he was ready to move out. He found a place in the pueblo close to his kids. So I had my week guest-free and it was great to go down to the guest area and walk around. The place is large but too small for someone else to live here all the time. So we now have plenty of guest accommodations. (Come visit!!) After six years, we finally have mangoes!!.. And we found out that our palm trees produce seeds that will grow into trees. We could have a palm plantation..or at least a bunch of palm trees in a row. It takes years to get used to a new house and coming here to Nosara was a big move for us. We still plan to move but we do not have a marketing plan. It would not be terrible to stay here- I still have to learn how to surf!! And the pub is still great! I have (or maybe had) a new computer guy. He installed fast internet and fixed my desk top. He then agreed to help Joe edit some videos. Between his grandmother dying, computer emergencies, and just not answering his cell phone, I figured he was gone. Then he came over and put in a lot of hours and the edited video was not playable, at least so far. We now have a friend helping us. I have a great eye doctor in San Jose. I saw him yesterday. It is as much like a social visit as a medical procedure. He spent at least an hour talking and joking and then I got my shot. I have macular edema in my right eye which is controlled by regular shots of Avastin into the eyeball. His lighthearted attitude helps this gruesome procedure and my vision is stable. I go back to NH today!!. And I start work on Monday. Another company had me interview for a spot in Oregon for next year. My career is going forward. Moving here only helped and I don’t work as much. Joe will be Gunter-free on the mountain for the next three months..Call him!! 011-506-8928-5752. I am back in early November..Pura vida..Joe and Helena

No comments: